Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accelerator pedal sensor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500
Accelerator pedal sensor

I'm not sure if anyone's had this problem, but when I press the accelerator, my car doesn't pick up speed at all. It maintains its speed, and the tachometer doesn't show the increased rpms. So I keep pressing further and further, and then after about 2-3 seconds, the engine roars and shoots forward, so quick, I'm hitting the brakes! I must look ridiculous on the road...I took it in to my dealer, and he mentioned something about the accelerator pedal sensor being faulty. Any clues anyone??
Old 12-28-2007, 11:29 PM

11 ML350
You will need a new accelerator pedal assembly. One of the sensor in the pedal has gone bad. I've seen this happpen a hand full of time.
Its really easy to change yourself, all you need is a deep 10mm 1/4in socket and a ratch.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:25 PM

SL500
Hey thanks for the affirmation Redcoupe! I forgot to mention that I have a Sprint Booster in my car, and I need to decide if the problem is the acclerator sensor or the Sprint Booster. I've taken it out already, and so far, there has been no recurrance of the problem. I'm starting to think it's the booster...but after asking around, the booster seldom has any problems. I guess I need to drive around a bit more...Thanks!
Old 12-30-2007, 11:30 PM

SL500
I've read this in the post before but can't quite find it. Does anyone know how to reset the accelerator pedal? Something about holding it down in the ON position for some time?? I jsut can't recall the sequence of how it's supposed to be done...?? Also, what really happens when you reset it? Is there any real value to doing it? Thanks!
Old 01-02-2008, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203 C230SS
turn the key to the "on" position (not start) put the pedal to the floor and hold it for a few seconds, turn the key off- while still holding the pedal down for anther 5 seconds.