Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Side Window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430
Smile Passenger Side Window

Hello Everybody,

I'm am new to this forum and new to the MB World. I have a 00 CLk and the passenger side front window acts like there are presets programmed. When I press the auto up switch. It will go up so far, stop and drop down an inch and stop. Press it again, and it will do the same thing, but go to a different height. If I bump the switch a little each time it will go all the way up. I have been a mechanic for 7yrs, but I'm not familar with MB. Is the problem the actually the switch heating up and dropping off when its in auto mode? Or is there an actual memory for this? Thanks in advance for your help and opinions.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Almost a Member!

99 CLK430
Its a safety feature, that isn't working right. The window will stop and drop a little in the event that someones fingers or head is in the way when the auto up mode is used. The window thinks that something is in the way (too much drag on the window), you can try cleaning out the tracks with compressed air then spraying silicone lube in the tracks.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:27 PM

CLK 430
Smile

Thankyou for your help, I will give that a try.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
I had the identical problem on my '01 C320. Everyone recommended a new regulator and I resisted thinking the problem was more complicated. I installed a new regulator, the old one I removed didn't have any visible wear or breakage, and the problem went away.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:38 PM

CLK 430
Yea, I was thinking the same thing. Mine does not make any noise and it goes down smoothly. I just did not want to spen the c-note for the new one and not fix the problem. Thanks....