Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes star diagnosis SDS DAS help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes star diagnosis SDS DAS help!!

I have a 2000 c230, and also a mercedes star diagnosis system. The DAS unit will not read my car. I get a message stating the possible errors when trying to connect. The cables are loose and either or voltage at circuit 30 and or 31 is faulty. I have used the sds system on other models and it works beautifully. Can anyone help me? Thanks!! WAIT, I have been looking on my benz wis and pins number 30 and 31 are 30(airbag) and 31 (Remote locking system). Maybe as I am looking now it says: pins 1 and 3 are circuit 30 and 31. That must be where it is shorting....
Old 03-01-2008, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96 c36
how in the hell did you get an sds from outside a dealer? your problem is probably your diag connector under your drivers side under dash. take down your underdash panel, slide the lock slide, remove the connector from the underdash, reinstall the connector into the under dash, reinstall the underdash, and hook the sds cable to the diag connector and see if it works. if that doesnt work, remove the diag connector from the under dash and try to hook the sds cable straight to the connector. you probably just arent making a good connection. also check to be sure that the pins in sds cable arent bent. also, make sure that the green light on the diagnosis multiplexer is on. remove all of the cables from the computer, going to the multiplexer, and coming out of the multiplexer. be sure you have a good connection on all components from the computer (sds) to the diag plug in the car.