Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 R350 Frustrated and disappointed owner!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W104 S500 Coupe
07 R350 Frustrated and disappointed owner!

Well it has been fun in the beginning up until now.
I currently have 12K, purchased it new.
First problem, rattling in all 4 doors. After 4 visits to a Keenan Mercedes in Doylestown PA it was resolved. They kept fighting me on this problem telling me this is normal.
How can this be, I purchased it knew with out any rattle in doors. Turned out something with windows and regulators. Rear hatch is not working properly. If not used for some time it will only open with my help. Now my R350 sounds like a diesel after driving for a long time at idle. Sounds like something it taping. I have only used a premium fuel. My service adviser tells me it sounds excessive comparing to other R350 that thy have and it is probably a solenoid. He sounded confident and told me it will probably take one day to fix. Well after 2 day this M@#$#F@#R calls me and sass “there is no problem it is a normal sound, gate has no problems works perfectly for me”
I told this BS, when I purchased it, it had no sound and gradually got to this unacceptable taping that it has now. This is not a diesel and how can you tell me that this is normal? He sass well there is nothing that I can do for you.
Should I get attorneys involved, I’m thinking this is a lemon!!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
On the W204 forum they are claiming a similar noise and say its something with the oil pump. Might go over and read it.