Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Mercedes Benz c240 ANNOYING ALARM CHIRPING

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Mercedes Benz C240
2001 Mercedes Benz c240 ANNOYING ALARM CHIRPING

There is an annoying alarm chirp coming from the right side of the car. It has been going off since yesterday morning. In the past this has only happened in the winter. My fiancée and I had previously avoided the problem by using the actual key to lock and unlock the doors so that the alarm wouldn't activate. Fortunately for us, it did not happen this winter. I am expecting for the alarm to go off when the chirping stops. It's as though the alarm is stuck, and when it releases the alarm goes off. When this happens we push lock & unlock on the key and bam the chirping is gone! We would disable the battery but this damn car has had so many issues and we are scared to trigger another problem.

Any advice about the alarm chrip will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Old 04-04-2008, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S 400 CDI
Sounds like the battery of the alarm is (almost) dead (not the car battery, the alarm has its own separate battery).
Old 04-24-2008, 04:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 CLS550 Diamond White 09upgrades
Siren

Does your alarm goes into a short siren mode too? it chirps / it starts the alarm then it stops and chirp again... almost sounded like the fire truck buzzing a short burst of their siren.

I had this happened a few years ago; gone to dealer they switch the siren horn. NOW it's back!!!

? How do I FIX this?

just a FYI i had my SAM unit changed over to the Netherland mode so it chirps when I lock / unlock. but now it doesn't even chirp.

SO FRUSTRATED!!!