Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CL500 w215 2000 SAT NAV Issues - can you help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
Cool CL500 w215 2000 SAT NAV Issues - can you help

So my SATNAV went wrong - wouldnt read CD's anymore - got it swapped - reads discs but even though picking up 8 sats it has a real problem keeping up with where the car is - takes 5 mins to update on screen and then of course its out of sync with where I am again!

Ran CARSOFT on it - got D2B error saying that TCU not picking up a speed pulse.

SO - went to Merc - they swapped out Comand unit again for another new one. Same prob. They swapped again for yet another new one - same prob.

Now they are saying that the software in my car is newer than the software on the comand units theyve put in so the speed pulse isnt being picked up properly. They are searching for another comand unit from germany but germant factory are saying they have none available.

Is there anyone tech enough on here to help? is thsi REALLY what is wrong or could there by a CANBUS issue here? Cannot the software on the comand unit be upgraded\flashed by CD to bring it up to compatible with the car?

I hope we have some great techies on here today

Shane