Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sl55 convertible flaps that fold away under the trunk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl55 AMG
sl55 convertible flaps that fold away under the trunk

there are 2 flaps that fold away under the trunk when the roof is closed and when open they fold out and look like part of the rear parcel shelf.

I noticed one of them was not hanging properly and closing tight against the underneath of the trunk as the other one had. They look like they are adjustable with a turn bolt?

Do any of you know what Im talking bout or if its possible to ajust it so that its tight against the trunk again when the roof is in the closed possition?

Thanks
Old 06-16-2008, 11:24 AM

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts
The cables stretch. The cables include the motor that actuates them and the hinge portion of your flaps. It's all one assembly. I just tried to repair a car last week and Benz said they were no longer available. I am guessing a improved part will be available shortly. Very common.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl55 AMG
ahh ok.. I had a play and its MUCh better... basically you can adjust the cables and I made it tight again with the adjustment screw.

thanks for the reply.