Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recovering or Replacing my headliner.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 C280 Sport
Recovering or Replacing my headliner.

I have a 1998 C280 Sport and need some help here folks. I either want to recover or use the same fabric thats in the car now. There is no tears or damage to the current one just is falling down. And the sunroof shade is all messed up because of the liner.

Any suggestions where I can get a new one cheap or when I can go to see how to do it myself?

Thanks
Troy
Old 07-12-2008, 10:23 AM
XJ9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by troyboycowboy@c
I have a 1998 C280 Sport and need some help here folks. I either want to recover or use the same fabric thats in the car now. There is no tears or damage to the current one just is falling down. And the sunroof shade is all messed up because of the liner.

Any suggestions where I can get a new one cheap or when I can go to see how to do it myself?

Thanks
Troy

you can DIY with a can of spray glue... just make sure you use a good quality adhesive like 3m super77 (sold at home depot). spray both the fabric and the liner board and wait about 60 seconds for the adhesive to start to dry. The carefully stick the material in place.

Otherwise you can always take the car to a vehicle interior shop. Every city has one and it usually all run down and old looking but they do excellant work. They will easily be able to ifx your headliner.