Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W211 starting, not starting, starting, and so on...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320
W211 starting, not starting, starting, and so on...

Hey guys, I own a 2003 E350 and the past week has been haywire with it, on Monday it didn't start, then 2 days it did start and I drove it, now it's back to not starting, it just cranks and doesn't start. I have done a few things to try to fix the problem:
- filled it with gas
- charged the battery and tested it, it's fully charged

Now I've noticed I get the message 'Service C is due' and for some reason I'm thinking this is the reason, I got this message a week ago and ever since then I began getting this problem.
Perhaps it's the service due that's not letting me start the engine? maybe if I turn it off somehow it'll work? or maybe it's just some computer or engine problem all together.

Guys I really appreciate any input and help, thank you!
Old 02-28-2009, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320
Would anyone happen to know how to reset the 'Service C due now' message? I'd really appreciate any assistance
Old 02-28-2009, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by Subster
Would anyone happen to know how to reset the 'Service C due now' message? I'd really appreciate any assistance
Service C has nothing to do with not starting. Send me your email address and I will send you the .pdf file on resetting FSS. Solve your starting issue, it is not part of service C.