Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using SDS tool to lower AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG
Using SDS tool to lower AMG

I spoke with a local tech today and was told if I lower my car with the Star Diagnostic Scan tool, it will be readjusted to its stock suspension height after turning the car off. I drive a 2003 SL55

Is that true? I've never heard of the car going back to its stock suspension after lowering it with SDS, if so is there anyway to go around it?

TIA
Old 03-25-2009, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LSX Camaro
the sds is used for diagnostics and will lower the car but as soon as the key is cycled, and car started again, the suspension will return to its stock height. im pretty sure your 230 has ABC as well so theres not much lowering that will take place anyways.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 E350 ,
lorinzer or brabus make a lowering module for the vehicle ,will need to tap into stock module ,check the websites for more info ,
Old 03-26-2009, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65 AMG, X5-4.8i M-Sport, 530D, 528i
Renntech do a pretty nice one too - I've installed the Renntech digital v2.0 module, It has 4 pcs. 7-position turning potentiometer (one for each wheel), so that gives 7 height position for every corner! Also a switch to turn off the module i.e. the car goes back to normal - without removing it! Very nice!