Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CLK 230k doesnt start every time...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 230 Convertible
Unhappy CLK 230k doesnt start every time...

Hello there,
I'm wondering if any one is able to help me with a fault my car has just developed, its a CLK 230k Convertible 2001 reg. i'm in the process of selling the car (got several people coming tomorrow!) and sods law dictates now is when an annoying problem rears its head! When i turn the key in the ignition the car doesnt always start, it just clicks.. sometimes it can click 5 times before it decides to start, other times it starts 1st time...Does anyone know what this could be?? I just dont want to sell the car when i know there could be a fault with it..
Old 03-28-2009, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 420SEL
this could be a cuple things, it could be your battery, your solenoid or your starter relay.you should check your battery with a volt meter it should say about 12.4 to 12.5 volts and thats base, it should realy be 12.7 to 12.9 volts if u have someone to help you turn the car over while u use the volt meter to see how much the voltage drops when u crank the engine would be useful. it shouldent drop more than .5 volts if it dose then its the battery if not then its the starter relay or solenoid