Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W211 Rear A/C Blowing Heat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
W211 Rear A/C Blowing Heat

Hello,

I just noticed that my A/C at the back is blowing heat instead of cold air. My front ones are ok. I've tried playing with the temp setting but no luck... still constantly blowing heat.

Anyone had the same experience and what part do I need to have this fixed? Any DIY instructions would be very helpful.

Many many thanks in advance for your help
Old 04-12-2009, 07:05 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2009 e class 2012 ml350
Originally Posted by 211e500
Hello,

I just noticed that my A/C at the back is blowing heat instead of cold air. My front ones are ok. I've tried playing with the temp setting but no luck... still constantly blowing heat.

Anyone had the same experience and what part do I need to have this fixed? Any DIY instructions would be very helpful.

Many many thanks in advance for your help
I`ve seen several 211 climate control problems related to the heat exchanger shut of valve under the wiper motor assembly (usually heat at rear vents when a/c is on).
Old 04-18-2009, 11:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 Tesla M3SR+, 2017 GLS550, 2011 E350 Bluetec, 2007 GL450 (GONE), 2003 E500 (GONE)
Most definitely this is your heat exchange valve that is located under the wiper motor assembly. I had same problem on my E500 as well right in the middle of a hot California summer. The good news is that the valve is only $30-$35 at you local MB dealership. It took me a couple of hours to do the job and it required taking the windshield wipers and the black cover on the bottom of your windshield completely off. Not a big deal if you are handy with basic tools. I imagine that a dealer would charge about $500 for the entire job. Do a search on the W211 forum for the heat exchange valve. I saw some detailed instructions on DIY. Best of luck!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Originally Posted by f4i 954
I`ve seen several 211 climate control problems related to the heat exchanger shut of valve under the wiper motor assembly (usually heat at rear vents when a/c is on).
Originally Posted by MB500
Most definitely this is your heat exchange valve that is located under the wiper motor assembly. I had same problem on my E500 as well right in the middle of a hot California summer. The good news is that the valve is only $30-$35 at you local MB dealership. It took me a couple of hours to do the job and it required taking the windshield wipers and the black cover on the bottom of your windshield completely off. Not a big deal if you are handy with basic tools. I imagine that a dealer would charge about $500 for the entire job. Do a search on the W211 forum for the heat exchange valve. I saw some detailed instructions on DIY. Best of luck!
wow!!! thanks for the info!!! I really appreciate it very much!

edit: found the part that needs to be replaced. I'll jump on this on the weekend. Here is the link if in case anyone will have the same problem. Thanks again guys!

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...rol-valve.html

Last edited by 211e500; 04-21-2009 at 01:54 AM.