Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C320 A/c Stepper motor replacement?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320
C320 A/c Stepper motor replacement?

Please help?
I have a 2002 c320 with digital a/c (so I think this model has 10 stepper motors to move the vent flaps in the dash). I believe there is a faulty stepper motor in behind the glovebox as it clicks loudly for about a minute on starting the car.
I have successfully stripped the dash/center console and also removed the glovebox and located the 'problem motor' location to behind the blower/charcoal filters (M2/5 or M2/9 motors). How on earth do I get to them!!!
Does any know how to remove the housing thet the blower and filters reside in. I am determind not to be beaten by this problem!

Does it require removal of the upper dash to gain access - does anyone have threads relating to this?

please help, my car looks like it has been raped at the moment!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 f 150
you can get m2/9 without pulling the heater box the other one you have to pull the heater box to get.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:38 PM

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
All
usually the faulty stepper motor is behind the radio slightly to the left of the instrument panel brace. It controls the air movement to the feet on the driver and passenger side. They are sometimes a pain even for experienced mercedes techs that have replaced those many times before.