Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with my E-Class lock/unlock logic/system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 10:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Problems with my E-Class lock/unlock logic/system

MY01 E430: Keyfob #1 programmed to open driver's side on one touch, then other doors on second touch. Keyfob #2 will open all doors on one touch. Problem: Neither is opening the doors as programmed (not battery). The doors will eventually open, but only the driver's side will open. Even then, the others will not open using the "lock/unlok" button on the center console - this rules out problems with the keyfobs. The only way to open the doors is to use the push/pull tab on the doors. Now, all doors are open, but won't lock at the 13mph programmed speed (again, completely rules out problem with keyfob). I have synchronized the locks, but that only helped for a couple of days. Additionally, the trunk will not open - not with the keyfob, not with the inside trunk release, not even with the lock on the trunk, outside. The fob will deactivate the lock so one can actually push it in with no resistance. Trunk has been traced to cylinder - on order, but what could be causing this problem? Anyone out there experienced this?
Old 02-11-2003, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe it is just the "lock/unlock"-button on the center console that does not work? This is also the button that you use to "program" the "x-mph-auto-lock"-function (I am used to kph - do not know how many mph).
Using the Star Diagnosis laptop and pushing the button will show.
Or maybe the PSE (pneumatic device under rear seat) is defective?...
Old 02-11-2003, 10:14 PM

ML
You're probably right. I'll take her in sometime next week and I'm sure they'll solve the problem. Right now, it's annoying and downright embarrasing whe I go to the grocerry store and can't open the doors to get back into my $50K+ car!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 03:24 PM

SL 500 AMG
My brother has a 2001 E class and had the same problem actually he took it in couple of days ago. and supposed to pick it up by tomorrow. seem like some of them have that common problem I'll let you know what was up with it and what happened.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:18 PM

ML
They fixed mine last week - all the hydraulic cylinders that control the door lock and the trunk lock had to be replaced. Now I'm doing fine.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Almost a Member!

Hydraulic? - they're vacuum/pressure operated - you may have had only 1 leak but they didn't want to bother finding it.