Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Washer Fluid Leaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 01:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 55 ///AMG Cabrio, ML63 ///AMG
Washer Fluid Leaks

I have noticed a small puddle under the front of the engine compartment. Does anyone know if there are any known problems with the washer fluid leaking? I have the headlamp washer system. I'm going to lift the car up this weekend, but was wondering if anyone has had any problems with this. Could be a # of things like a cracked line somewhere???

Any ideas???
Old 02-19-2003, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I have a similar problem and plan to have the dealer address it at my first service in about 1,800 miles. I don't where mine is leaking from, but when I went to the local dealer for replacement fluid they gave it to me at no cost. I have a 2002 E430 4Matic.

Good Luck!!
Old 02-19-2003, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Re: Washer Fluid Leaks

Originally posted by newguy2008
I have noticed a small puddle under the front of the engine compartment. Does anyone know if there are any known problems with the washer fluid leaking? I have the headlamp washer system. I'm going to lift the car up this weekend, but was wondering if anyone has had any problems with this. Could be a # of things like a cracked line somewhere???

Any ideas???
I don't know what model you have, but Mercedes' washer bottles are quite well-known for leaking on almost every model, especially the E, CLK, ML, C, and SLK. Usually the tank itself splits at the seams, although sometimes the rubber plugs in the tank develop a leak.