Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New E-Class 220 CDI Towbar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E Class 220 CDI BLUE EFFICIENCY
New E-Class 220 CDI Towbar

I have this car and want to tow my caravan with it, and am finding it hard to fing a towbar and electrics i have been told i need to get a special relay kit and a towbar is this correct? Has anyone else got a towbar for this car? Also mercedes say I will need to upgrade my radiator and cooling fan is this true?

Cheers
Old 08-09-2009, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
190D 2.5 (x2), 190E 2.6, W202 C240,W202 C43 (C55), W210 E55, W212 E250CDI
Talk to your local dealer about a towbar, I doubt you will find an aftermarket one for a while yet.

If your vehilce has a small radiator fan (the actual radiator doen't need changing) then it would need to be upgraded to the more powerful version. In Australia all vehilces come with the bigger fan anyway, I'm sure the US is the same. You would find the smaller fans on some european models.

There is special wiring to intergrate the towbar wiring to the vehilce, again, buy genuine.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes ML350, A170 and Vito
Thumbs down Towbar

Originally Posted by Ausmbtech
Talk to your local dealer about a towbar, I doubt you will find an aftermarket one for a while yet.

If your vehilce has a small radiator fan (the actual radiator doen't need changing) then it would need to be upgraded to the more powerful version. In Australia all vehilces come with the bigger fan anyway, I'm sure the US is the same. You would find the smaller fans on some european models.

There is special wiring to intergrate the towbar wiring to the vehilce, again, buy genuine.
How did you go getting your towbar? I just had mine installed and the dealership (Morrison Chatswood) botched it up severely. Car has now gone back for the 3rd time in 6 days.Today I will hopefully get a complete replacement towbar. have a look at my thread. https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...australia.html