Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMG fuel delivery pumps; Can we rebuild 'em?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2009 | 08:22 AM

C 32
AMG fuel delivery pumps; Can we rebuild 'em?

On the C32 AMG forum we have establshed that its fuel "delivery unit" in the gas tank is unlike the stanard C-Class W203, having a 2nd pumps inside its module to assist high flow. The comes the following thread:
" 09-14-2009, 12:40 AM * #16
Solols
Drives: 1963 300SE Cpe & Fintail & C32
"hothbl, sounds like you are the first person on the planet to delve into the mysteries of the C32 fuel delivery pump! I suppose this is a sign that they're not failing often. Were you able to repair the module you opened? I hope so as that second pump in the module triples M-B suggestion retail price. My dealer sez it will cost $1,200, vs. $460 for a C320 "delivery unit". That should be able to fix a lota' innards! Is there room in there to upgrade a C320 pump for C32 engines? Anyone know if the C55 and C63 also use a double pump module to ensure sufficent fuel for the regulator (in the filter) with pedal to the metal? Might be a repair service worth perfecting. I'll be customer #1."

Response to this thread has been zero. Are there any AMG gearheads elsewhere on MBWorld that can add to the thread or Solols's questions?