Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1997 C500 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c500 coupe 1997
1997 C500 Coupe

I have a 1997 C500 Coupe that recently has been having problems. 4 months ago I had to replace the #3 coil and last week the #8 went out. Any reason as to why this is happening? I'd like to nip this in the bud before the rest fail. Is there something the mechanic needs to look into further that he is missing? I bought it used at 40k miles and the initial check up showed the car was in execellent health. I can't keep paying $$ every few months, for what should not be happening at this early of the game. It currently has 52k miles. The major check up 6 months ago showed all was fine. (Could something at the 50k ck-up mess up the coils?) This is my "Saturday Night" car - driven once or twice a week only.
Please, please help. The car is at the shop waiting for me to give the okay to proceed. THANKS!!!!!