Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GLK 350 Down Shift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Thumbs down GLK 350 Down Shift

When decelerating on a stop and go highway car sometimes does not down shift into 1st gear. When you take foot off of brake pedal (after the car is completely stopped) car feels like it then shifts into 1st gear. Has anyone had a similar problem?
Old 11-30-2009, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
Do you drive in Comfort or Sport mode? In Sport it may not downshift into first until stopped for better MPGs. Comfort mode starts out in Second from stop for better MPG.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
I drive in sport mode. The down shift occurs only AFTER I come to a full stop and only after I take my foot off the brake. And, I can't make it happen, it does it when ever it pleases. MB said bring it in for a test ride. Since I can't make it happen what is the point.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:08 AM

C 320
I guess they are all like that , mine does the same things and the worst things is when you stop very close to the car in front of you ease off the brake the car move forward when shift in to first gear , but kind of get use to it now since i own this car for over a year and dont waste you time to go MB , they will say no fault found the tranny is like that...

Last edited by Jet Performance; 05-23-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:03 AM

GLKILLA
All of them are like that. Sometime I give the gas a little blip before I actually roll off, so it doesn't jerk off the line, or when I downshift to 1st, I blip it a little so it downshifts right on command (DISCLAIMER: don't do that when you are close to the car in front of you).