Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Suddenly Shutting Off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2009 | 09:25 PM

GLK 350
Dash Suddenly Shutting Off

Hi All,

I am in need of some help. We own a 2010 GLK 350 2000KM every available option which has come down with a major issue. While driving all the guages suddenly die, its like they all have shut off but the car is still in drive and moving forward, also the lights that illuminate them as well as the ones that light up the stereo buttons also fail.

Any advice on this issue is appreciated, this problem makes the car un-drivable at night especially and during the day as the guage cluster is jet black and one does not know speed or any relivent information to the vehicle and its current state.

Also somtimes it suddenly comes back on. We have stoped and put the vehicle in park and then shut it off and turned it back on and sometimes they come back to life sometimes they don't.

Not sure what to do next but put it on a flat deck and take it to the dealership.

Your thoughts

Thanks
Old 11-10-2009 | 10:06 PM

09 E350 ,
new car under warranty ,take it to the dealer ,have it fixed ,probably software update needed or new cluster ,no big deal ,hope this helps
Old 11-14-2009 | 07:03 PM

2002 C32 1987 190E 2.3 334K miles and going
2002 C32 dimming dashboard lights

My situation is, except for the central instrument display and the climate control
panel display, all the button lights (ESP, radio, power windows, gear indicators, etc) go extremely dim almost barely seen when switching the headlamps on. After starting the engine, both instrument display and climate control panel are bright but as soon as I turn the headlamps on, it dims a liitle bit and the rest of the buttons can hardly be seen.
It could be a battery going weak but somehow it still cranks the engine and fires up after about 1.5 - 2.0 seconds of turning.
Old 12-07-2009 | 02:06 PM

GLK 350
Well MB in Calgary has now had the GLK 350 for two weeks and no solution, they claim that they are waiting on codes from Germany. This is very frustrating, what do we do now just wait for our new car to be fixed, does anyone know how to expediate this process. I'm starting to think that this will be my first and last MB.
Old 12-07-2009 | 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by Kurby13
Well MB in Calgary has now had the GLK 350 for two weeks and no solution, they claim that they are waiting on codes from Germany. This is very frustrating, what do we do now just wait for our new car to be fixed, does anyone know how to expediate this process. I'm starting to think that this will be my first and last MB.
Ask for a loaner. If its not fixed in the next couple of weeks ask for the vehicle to be replaced.
Old 12-16-2009 | 11:37 PM

R350, CLS550
Originally Posted by Kurby13
Hi All,

I am in need of some help. We own a 2010 GLK 350 2000KM every available option which has come down with a major issue. While driving all the guages suddenly die, its like they all have shut off but the car is still in drive and moving forward, also the lights that illuminate them as well as the ones that light up the stereo buttons also fail.

Any advice on this issue is appreciated, this problem makes the car un-drivable at night especially and during the day as the guage cluster is jet black and one does not know speed or any relivent information to the vehicle and its current state.

Also somtimes it suddenly comes back on. We have stoped and put the vehicle in park and then shut it off and turned it back on and sometimes they come back to life sometimes they don't.

Not sure what to do next but put it on a flat deck and take it to the dealership.

Your thoughts

Thanks
It could also be the SAM, if you have problems with interior lights, radio, doors, etc. My dog screwed mine up. A long story...