Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 ML350 Inspiration Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'16 C300
2004 ML350 Inspiration Package

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. For the past couple of weeks I have been searching online for a fix on my ML350. I recently had my headlights changed to HID lights from halogen lights. I have been having a problem with the lights flickering. This is not the type of flickering that is so noticeable that the headlight completely shuts off and then back on but it is that it gets dim and then bright. Also, the lights take a very long time to warm up when it is cold. When temps are about 20-35 deg F, it can take up to 30 minutes (more or less).

The videos in this playlist show the ML350 with problematic headlights and a C350 with factory HID Bi-Xenons that work perfectly. http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...8CB47A64668D9B

Please note that the flickering is not as bad as it looks in the video due to the fact that the human eye cannot register the flickering as quickly as a HD camera can.

I know some of you may think "just live with it". Well, I have been living with it for about a month now. I took it into the place where I had it installed, Dynamic Sound in Norcross, GA. The guy told me I needed a new battery. So I dropped a couple hundred on a new battery (cheapest one I could find) just today and installed them. Same problem. My main concern are the warm up periods.

Someone help me please. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Humvee21; 02-24-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 204 Likes on 181 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Yes, factory HIDs work and aftermarket HIDs don't. Nothing new.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html