Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's wrong with these STAR DAS Airmatic (mm/bar) readings?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W220
What's wrong with these STAR DAS Airmatic (mm/bar) readings?

Hello,

we are trying to do airmatic adjustment after upper control arm replacement because that corner of the car became much lower than the rest

The original values were -1mm for front left, 20 mm for front right, 15mm rear

In order to level the car back the height of fronts had to be adjusted 35mm for front left, And as much as 90mm for front right.

The pressure in bars for both fronts is ~9.40 bars.

But I'm concerned about the huge difference between the front height readings. What are we doing wrong?

Could his be that he ride height sensor mounted to he upper control arm gone bad?

It appears the corner with the replaced control arm had dropped after 10 miles on highway 70-80mph

No warnings, no malfunctions on Airmatic with STAR.

Could this possibly be due to malfunctioning sensor that is mounted to the control arm.

I would like to give it another try to get my car back to its normal ride height on that one wheel. Any help on tuning the suspension with the Star program or possible causes would be appreciated. My concern is primarily whether or not such behavior might be due to malfunctioning sensor that is mounted to control arm.

Thank you,m

Best Regards,
Alex
Old 02-28-2010, 11:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 E350 ,
did you mount the level sensor bracket correctly on the control arm ,sounds like the level sensors are not mounted correctly reading are way out of specs,
Old 03-02-2010, 01:01 PM

W220
I brought the car up again, the sensor is in the correct hole on the control arm, the bracket is positioned as it was on the old control arm. I am having diffiulty finding a replacement one on line, or even in the parts locator program for Mercedes. Does anyone know the name of the sensor or perhaps the part number?

Thank you tcesario
Old 03-02-2010, 05:18 PM

W220
I just bought and installed a used, but working level sensor and the car did not go up. I will connect it to computer again to see if the height readings have changed.

I am running out of options and really hope the car will stay lifted.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:55 PM

S500 4Matic
Does anyone know where can i get a level sensor online for an 04 S500.
Thanks.