Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mbtech... please advise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c240
Anyone/mbtech... please advise

hi, there... recently i have got my car back from Merc. dealer in UK . There told me they have resetted the ecu (fuel mixture stuff) not too sure though... my car feel fine now, but i notice a slight difference, when i accelerate above 4000rpm i dont notice the change in tune(growlling..) of the engine like before i had the servicing. Please advice ... is this normal ? I drive a c-240 w203

Last edited by chucai; 03-21-2003 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:53 AM

c240
Unhappy

hellpppp ... hellpp...!!! :p
Old 03-21-2003, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Re: Anyone/mbtech... please advise

Originally posted by chucai
hi, there... recently i have got my car back from Merc. dealer in UK . There told me they have resetted the ecu (fuel mixture stuff) not too sure though... my car feel fine now, but i notice a slight difference, when i accelerate above 4000rpm i dont notice the change in tune(growlling..) of the engine like before i had the servicing. Please advice ... is this normal ? I drive a c-240 w203
The ECU doesn't have anything to do with the sound of the engine, you might be imagining the difference.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:18 PM

c240
Thanks... but i am still abit puzzled why did the change of tune of the engine has gone ?
Because i am pretty sure before, i had this change of tune(sounded like a high-cam kicks in) after 4000rpm , although i know MErc. hasnt got one. The power were still smooth then . And now , that significant sound has gone .. it soundded much more smoother ...all the way to 6000rpm. The feeling of power remain the same as before.
Could it be the bad filter i had before tat caused the engine to sound differently .( Merc. Dealer told me that my air-filter was clogged)
Sorry for all these questions. Cause i am a newbie in Merc. and i really like to know more about my own vehicle...!!

Thanks Mate,,, :p
Old 03-22-2003, 08:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 c230k
Originally posted by chucai
Thanks... but i am still abit puzzled why did the change of tune of the engine has gone ?
Because i am pretty sure before, i had this change of tune(sounded like a high-cam kicks in) after 4000rpm , although i know MErc. hasnt got one. The power were still smooth then . And now , that significant sound has gone .. it soundded much more smoother ...all the way to 6000rpm. The feeling of power remain the same as before.
Could it be the bad filter i had before tat caused the engine to sound differently .( Merc. Dealer told me that my air-filter was clogged)
Sorry for all these questions. Cause i am a newbie in Merc. and i really like to know more about my own vehicle...!!

Thanks Mate,,, :p
The air filter is your answer. It will drastically alter the sound of the engine as it struggles to breath.
Old 03-22-2003, 08:09 AM

c240
thanks alot~~~!!