Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? for MBT208

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 02:49 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 260 Likes on 186 Posts
? for MBT208

Hi Dave,

Have you had any clocks on the 209 or 211 series not keeping proper time without command as a post under the 211 mentions you can synchro the clock via command/GPS...mine seems to lose a minute every couple of days, after a while it really adds up. If I need a new clock are they a replaceable seperate piece in the back of the instr. cluster or does the whole cluster get replaced? Curious, does the steering wheel need to be removed to take out the cluster?

Where is the air intake for the A/C, it used to be just below the wipers on my 208, got a bit of mildew smell when I first turn on the A/C. I seem to have located the general area around the battery and sprayed some Lysol in the area close to the firewall, this really did the trick one a new BMW i had a few years ago that had the same problem.

PS I thought I really had the cooling fan vibration licked but today the weather in S FLA hit 91 and while pulling into my garage after stop and go traffic the fan went not into high speed but Warp Drive(if there was a propeller attatched to this thing the car could fly) and the vibration was quite bad even with the isolation pad. Don't know if the fan and shroud assembly are not properly secured (they are not held in place that tightly at the top) or the fan is just out of balance.

Sorry for the long post

Thanks

Last edited by RJC; 03-22-2003 at 10:32 PM.