Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help with My C320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320
I need help with My C320

Hey, im kind of new to this forum and i was hoping to know if i could get help with my Mercedes C320 2001 with 107,000 miles. Bought the car used and it started giving me problems. First i had to get the transmission rebuilt then i started having other problems. Whenever i would turn on the car, sometimes the bottom of the car would shake violently, then stop..sometimes it would even cut off and i would have to switch it off and start it back up, it would start up with no problem. Other times when i am driving and come to a complete stop, the car would vibrate and just switch off, all the lights on the dashboard would turn on, and i would just switch it off and switch it back on, and it would come back to life. Once when it did it to me my battery/alternator light came on so i took it to my mechanic to check it out, and he said that it was perfectly fine and was reading at 14 volts. While at the mechanic, he scanned the computer and two error codes came up..P2017 and P2086, but told me to go to Mercedes Benz to properly diagnose it. When i got home that same day, i went to start up my car again the car would turn on, then cut off..and i went to start it back up and it would crank but not turn on..gave it 30 minutes and it would turn on then switch off like before. What should i do?..i really want to know my options before taking my car to Mercedes Benz..Thanks in advance!..
Old 03-15-2010, 12:34 AM

C320
also, i would like to add that before it started giving me those problems it started with the car giving me a problem sometimes to accelerate quickly, like it would lag..and my gas was wasting rather quickly. Before all of this started happening i got a tune up for the car and the fuel filter was replaced..im guessing this problem has to do with MAF or fuel pump?..once again..thanks in advance
Old 03-15-2010, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 133 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Sounds like a bad CPS (crankshaft position sensor). Check out the W203 forum for replacement DIY. I hope your mechanic cleared those codes to see if they show up again, or were just flukes.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:21 PM

C320
thanks, i shall check it out..but now my car does not even want to start..all it does is crank..and i don't understand because the battery and the alternator are supposedly fine
Old 03-16-2010, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 133 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by JMerC320
....now my car does not even want to start..all it does is crank..
That's the symptom for a bad CPS.