Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my car is the Devil

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500 SPORT
my car is the Devil

i have a 2003 e500 with 71k on the car.... today on my way to school i stopped at my gf house, i turned the car off n locked it ran inside n came out like 5min later n the car wouldn't unlock after 3 tries it finally unlocked.. i started driving to school n 10miles into the drive the SRS light came on the radio turned on and off and then all hell broke loose lol.... the SOS malfunction, Teleaid malfunction, display malfunction, the BRAKE light started to flash... n that happen for about five min and stopped n then came back

i got the car to school and put it up on a lift, spoke to a teacher n he told me to check fuses, battery voltage, n to check the alternator. so i started to check the fuses(all fine) i moved to the battery(trunk) 12.4V n front battery was 11.9V as i went to try and start the car i wasnt able to turn the key so i didnt get a chance to check the alternator..

so the car is currently at home got it towed here:
current Problem:
1.car wont start at all
2.wont let me turn the key in the ignition
3.car dosent respond to key, wont lock or unlock also wont open trunk
4.battery voltage was charge up to 14.4V

Can anyone please help me wit this problem..
i spoke to a benz tech n he told me sounds like a alternator or the voltage supply unit.. n a 2nd tech from roadside told me it sounds like a ignition switch lol idk which one HELPPPPPPP

A HUGE THANKS IF ANYONE HELPSSS

my cell number is 862 686 4588 if u wanna help give me a call thanks
Old 03-17-2010, 11:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
Originally Posted by lukE500
i have a 2003 e500 with 71k on the car.... today on my way to school i stopped at my gf house, i turned the car off n locked it ran inside n came out like 5min later n the car wouldn't unlock after 3 tries it finally unlocked.. i started driving to school n 10miles into the drive the SRS light came on the radio turned on and off and then all hell broke loose lol.... the SOS malfunction, Teleaid malfunction, display malfunction, the BRAKE light started to flash... n that happen for about five min and stopped n then came back

i got the car to school and put it up on a lift, spoke to a teacher n he told me to check fuses, battery voltage, n to check the alternator. so i started to check the fuses(all fine) i moved to the battery(trunk) 12.4V n front battery was 11.9V as i went to try and start the car i wasnt able to turn the key so i didnt get a chance to check the alternator..

so the car is currently at home got it towed here:
current Problem:
1.car wont start at all
2.wont let me turn the key in the ignition
3.car dosent respond to key, wont lock or unlock also wont open trunk
4.battery voltage was charge up to 14.4V

Can anyone please help me wit this problem..
i spoke to a benz tech n he told me sounds like a alternator or the voltage supply unit.. n a 2nd tech from roadside told me it sounds like a ignition switch lol idk which one HELPPPPPPP

A HUGE THANKS IF ANYONE HELPSSS

my cell number is 862 686 4588 if u wanna help give me a call thanks
It seems to me that all the weird lights + unable to open the door & start the car point to a weak battery (do not hold charge), If the battery is a few year old, replace it (be sure you have the secutity code for the radio), also PULL THE KEY OUT THE IGNITION while replacing the battery. it may fried the EIM. That's my own experience with all these weirds problems in the past (you already test the 14.4V alternator, but after you shut the power down, the battery will not hold the juice for the xext start or even have enough power for the SAM & power to activate the vacuum to open the doors). Good luck.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:51 PM

99 Z28 camaro 6.0
im thinking that no 211's have pse. all locks are elctrical.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:59 PM

99 Z28 camaro 6.0
Originally Posted by lukE500
i would think that the first is much more likely. youre having issues with things that are controlled by both sam's.

I think socal is definately pointing you in the right direction.

Last edited by mbtech76034; 03-30-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by mbtech76034
i would think that the first is much more likely. youre having issues with things that are controlled by both sam's.

I think socal is definately pointing you in the right direction.
12.4 V on the main battery engine off does not indicate a full charge battery.

It also doesn't indicate the reserve starting amperage available. If you want this information you need a full load test on the main battery. I agree I think your main battery is not holding charge and limited on starting current resulting in voltage drop when you turn the key to start. What is the voltage when the starter is engaged. If less than about 10.5 volts you have a battery issue.

NO load battery test.

12.65V 100%
12.45V 75%
12.24V 50%
12.06V 25%
11.89V or less Discharged
Old 03-31-2010, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 S500, 03 C240, 03 E320, 03 tahoe
EIS,go no further

take it to the dealer with all fobs,and be ready to replace the EIS.our 500 did all this and more but it was temp related,it would only glitch below 28 degrees.the dealer replaced the EIS and cured every issue.