Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? for Dave

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 10:25 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
? for Dave

Dave,

I've noticed that the wiper blades on my 209 and other 209's sit very, very close to the glass almost touching the glass at the end cap of the blade, you can really see this if you stop them on the upstroke(the clearance at this point is about the tickness of a credit card!). I'm sure that once the wipers wear down even just a bit the windshield will begin to get scratched. Is MBZ aware of this as it may end up costing them lots of $ if they have to replace windshields. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks
Old 03-27-2003, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
As of today, the only issue I have heard about 209 wiper problems was the noisy wiper bulletin that was issued a while back. It'll be interesting to see what happens once the new CLK has been out for a while. However, new wiper inserts are included with every B-service, so they may not even get a chance to wear down enough to damage the windshield.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:39 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally posted by mbtech208
As of today, the only issue I have heard about 209 wiper problems was the noisy wiper bulletin that was issued a while back. It'll be interesting to see what happens once the new CLK has been out for a while. However, new wiper inserts are included with every B-service, so they may not even get a chance to wear down enough to damage the windshield.
They are scary close to the glass now, don't know if they'll make it that long (to B service). I don't even want to use the wipers and I'm thinking about Rain-x. I think there is going to be a lot of unhappy people if MBZ doesn't do something quick. The difference in the height of the wiper blade between the 211, 230 etc and the 209 is HUDGE, something went a-miss in the design of the 209 wiper blades. Check it out half way in the up stroke next time you see a 209. If you verify this can you alert MBZ? may save them some big $ and the 209 pilots alot of greif

Regards,

Last edited by RJC; 03-27-2003 at 10:47 PM.