Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EPC Error

Old 04-02-2003, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK Coupe 200 Komp 53 Plate
EPC Error

Help I'm now confused I have a C220 cdi coupe its done 4000miles and its recently started playing up.

I was driving along went for the kick down and up come EPC EL.POWER, so friday morning it went into the dealer and they told it's ready changed plug.

Went down got it driving home again kick down same thing, this time nearly had a bus as part of the car's design.
Went back to mercedes that night and gave them the car back.

Got a call today saying they think its the fuel pump, have ordered a new one will be fitted tomorrow, i'll let you know if it works, but should this cause the car to cut all engine power, brakes and steering itwas very worrying when it happened
Old 04-07-2003, 09:20 AM

Well still without car now been 1 week and 4 days

still no car

They belive its is cause by 2nd tank that supplys the fue to the engine this was a fault on production of car but they have never seen it before, But they did say it is a manufacting fault, so it ain't my radio YES.

But still no car they have changed fual pump both sides of the tank up lifters etc, please has any one got any suggets as they don't know how to fix it.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds almost like an ECU problem to me.
MBTech, care to hop on in and share your thoughts?
Old 04-08-2003, 06:33 PM

Please MBtech give a opion do you feel it's a ecu problem if so i'll go kick *** tommorow morning t my mb dealer as they do respect this type of information.

Also they told me this today

they have now discovered that it is a problem with the second fuel pump whilst connected they get problems once off its fine, so they replaced pump's and still same problem please someone help me.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:17 PM

UPdate

Had Mercedes call today it seem to be a fuel system install problem from production line, a bolt or a pipe 10mm out something like that, anyway 3 techs have vbeen assigned to spend 5 days working on my car to solve the problem every part is coming of test and checked then put back if ok, the fuel system is getting a full diagnostic.

Now mercdedes have given me a loan car a vaxuhall vetra brand new which they are taking back and are now giving me a merc.

I'll keep you updated
Old 04-11-2003, 07:39 PM

I've got it back YES it was the sender pump in the tank, the bar that it sat on was slight to one side causing to much air to the pump hence it was not picking up fuel.

Also they state may have been a intermitten fault with the uplifter to the engine