Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger side mirror not working properly!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 07:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
**SOLD***2003 E500
Passenger side mirror not working properly!

The passenger side mirror on my 1999 E430 is not quite working up to snuff. Wife had walked into it with some groceries, and popped the glass plate off of the motor. I popped it back on and everything seemed to take. The mirror works with the joystick no problem. And all memories for the seat settings also change the pitch of the mirror. However when placing the trans in reverse, the mirror will not adjust downward like it had. Now if I shift the car in reverse, and push the right hand mirror selector at the joystick, it will adjust down. Once you shift the vehicle out of reverse, it still stays down though. Now If I select the left hand mirror at the joystick, it will return to the memory setting. That's all the trouble shooting I could do. Something to reset???? Thought someone here might have some insight. If not, off to a dealer in a couple of weeks, and I get to see how good the aftermarket warranty is from Warrantygold, that was bought a few months ago. Thanks in advance..!

Last edited by Randy B; 04-06-2003 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-07-2003, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK430 Cab.
When I bought my 2001 CLK430 Cab mine didn't work either - under any circumstances. The dealer said someone had forgotten to reprogram them after a previous repair. Make sure you have the passenger mirror selector pushed down for this feature to operate. Maybe the bump knocked the programming off.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Re: Passenger side mirror not working properly!

Originally posted by Randy B
Now if I shift the car in reverse, and push the right hand mirror selector at the joystick, it will adjust down. Once you shift the vehicle out of reverse, it still stays down though
You have to have the switch in the passenger mirror position for that feature to work. Try this: With the right mirror button on the mirror switch pressed in, put the car into reverse, the mirror should tilt down. Shift into Drive, after about 5~10 seconds, the mirror should return to its normal position. Perhaps you aren't waiting long enough for the mirror to return to normal.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
**SOLD***2003 E500
Well gentlemen once you again you have saved me. Everything works fine, and I will get some more patience. Thanks again!!!