Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windows wont roll up or down...help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 04:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 GLK350 P1, Multi-media & AMG Pkg; 2010 E350 w/ prem 2; 2018 4Runner SR5 Prem. 4x4
Windows wont roll up or down...help!!!

I have a 2002 ML320...my driver-side front window motor seems to operator just fine...it goes up and down without hesitation. I have to manually push and pull the window to open/close it.

The problem seems to be the window does not move with the window regulator. Everything seems attached....nothing is loose or dangling. Is it safe to assume I need a new window regulator?

Thanks in advance.

Peter
Old 07-06-2010, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by PHML2K2ML320
I have a 2002 ML320...my driver-side front window motor seems to operator just fine...it goes up and down without hesitation. I have to manually push and pull the window to open/close it.

The problem seems to be the window does not move with the window regulator. Everything seems attached....nothing is loose or dangling. Is it safe to assume I need a new window regulator?

Thanks in advance.

Peter
I have not done a MB yet. Most have nylon rollers in the regulator to act as a shock damper when the window hits the upstop. (this is why I never run the power window to the stop) when the rollers fail the motor can't apply full power to the window to raise it. "IF" rollers are the issue and available you might get by just changing them. Otherwise I would reco just get the regulator and do the full job new parts.