Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

certified collision repair in OC..who to go to?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 W210,Silver on black, slightly lowered,82k miles,simple and clean.
certified collision repair in OC..who to go to?

Hello,new to the board here so i'm sorry if this needs to be moved or could've been posted in a better section,but any help would be greatly appreciated. I need some input on who or who not to go to for a collision repair on my W210. My car is a '00 E320,Brilliant Silver,black interior, lowered slightly on staggered wheels with 82k on the odometer and is what i would consider a 9.5 out of 10 for the age of the vehicle.. it would be a sad day for me if it was written off as a total.

I was involved in a 4 car chain-reaction crash yesterday that resulted in some rear-end damage. The car was not affected in the way it drives,but there is damage to the rear quarter panel/deck lid/bumper that has me worried about a possible total loss..I'm tryin to stay positive about the fact no one involved was hurt,especially for the elderly couple that ended up hitting me, and for the fact that i was the only car to drive away from the scene. But it's difficult to see the good side of some one with out a drivers license being stupid enough to plow his P.O.S. van into another full size van hard enough to have 2 more cars hit..

So my question to the board is does any one have any suggestions of what repair shop to have do the work if the car is determined to be fixable? If the car can be fixed should i make my carrier pay to paint the whole car and not just the repaired area? I'm in Anaheim so i know i should have plenty of options,but i would like some insight on who to go to,or who to stay away from. Thanks in advance for any help that may be offered,and i apoligize if there is a similar thread i could've searched for info but i couldn't find anything..

Last edited by CNCdirtbag; 07-16-2010 at 03:05 AM. Reason: spelling/grammer
Old 08-05-2010, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Bells in Huntington Beach.....One of the BEST shops in The area! NOT Cheap
They have done work on my 203. People that care about the results!

They just did a complete on a Porsche Carrera GT and it was Perfect
Old 08-07-2010, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
A MB dealer should be able to give you the certified body shops in your area. As far a repainting the entire car I doubbt if the ins company will pay for that. However with a certified shop you should be able to get an excellent paint match. Keep in mind that the value of your car is such that a large repair cost could cause them to total the vehicle.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:11 AM

Thanks for the info,but i had to get things moving rather quickly and chose to go to House of Imports in Buena park. They have been super friendly and helpful through the whole process witch is reassuring.

The repair estimate turned out to be a lil over $8,300,but to my surprise my insurer quickly paid it and did NOT total the car! My car was an exceptionally clean car for being a '00 model, but that doesn't negate the KBB value that isn't much more than the repair so i'm not sure why they paid such a costly repair bill

I'm set to get the car back on the 11th and hopefully it looks as if it was never repaired. One thing i'm worried about is the color match since the car is the brilliant silver. And also concerned about the fact i had lost the wheel stud key to remove the wheels and the the H.O.I. had to "take other actions and got the wheels of with minimal damage..". I guess i'll have to wait 'till the 11th to find out if i'm happy with the results.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
Bells in Huntington Beach.....One of the BEST shops in The area! NOT Cheap
They have done work on my 203. People that care about the results!

They just did a complete on a Porsche Carrera GT and it was Perfect
Bells was at the top of my wish list to do the repair,but i figured with the year and value of my car i shouldn't take it to such a high end shop and run the risk of a higher priced estimate that would result in a total. Thanks for the recommendation though!

Last edited by CNCdirtbag; 08-08-2010 at 08:22 AM. Reason: lack of sleep!