Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

w 140 500 sel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500 sel
w 140 500 sel

Hello to everyone i am new to this forum.I also am new to owning a Mercedes Benz.My friend had told me about this car his neighbor was selling.A 1993 Mercedes Benz 500 sel.I was skeptical but was intrigued at what he told me.So i went by and looked at it.The car was immaculate.Only 74000 original miles and two owners.I bought the car the next day.The previous owner had told me the car stereo was broken.I figured no problem i will just replace the head unit.Boy was i surprised when i learned about the 11 speaker Bose sound system.The speakers are 1 ohm so you must use the Bose amp to drive them all.Through some research i found a place to rebuild the amp and tuner.I am still waiting for their return as the tech ran into some trouble with the tuner.Question is there a way to plug a new alpine deck into the Bose amp and tuner? Maybe an adapter euro to American plugs (rca).I am told the Becker head unit is basically a controller.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Try these guys:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-jyH8qfWo97V/