Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 C320 RWD / Transmission fail after ATF changed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c320
2000 C320 RWD / Transmission fail after ATF changed.

Owning a 00' C320, had my ATF service yesterday with fresh OEM ATF (5liter) and filter changed. RIGHT AFTER changed the tranny gave out and slips and won't go into gear. is 5 liter enough?? also after going around the block it's throwing a code P740.

any suggestion/help????
Old 10-10-2010, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
TCU failure. Who did the service? Does your car have the torque converter plug and did they drain it?Are you SURE they put the fluid in the right tube? I think 5 liters is too much if they didn't drain the TC and not enough if they did.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:43 PM

c320
they did not drain the TC and only did it from the pan. service was done in a local shop in queens. is replacing the transmission is my only option?
Old 10-10-2010, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by preludejax
they did not drain the TC and only did it from the pan. service was done in a local shop in queens. is replacing the transmission is my only option?
Why did you change the fluid to begin with? Changing fluid (properly) doesn't cause the failure you're experiencing. Before you think about replacing the whole xmission find out what they did wrong. Also, if it won't go into gear how did you "go around the block"? Start by checking the fluid level.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:16 PM

c320
the car be shoping a slight slip around corners. So i decide to change the fluid.

they said the drop the pan, drain it, change the filter and put it back, put bout 5 lliter of fluid /OEM ATF oil from MB.

once it changed they test drove it, and all hell broke loose... I guess I ment to say the car just won't change out of 1st or get into rev. and if is in first it just REV... im sitting at 3-4k and going bout 15mph crawling...
Old 10-10-2010, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by preludejax
the car be shoping a slight slip around corners. So i decide to change the fluid.

they said the drop the pan, drain it, change the filter and put it back, put bout 5 lliter of fluid /OEM ATF oil from MB.

once it changed they test drove it, and all hell broke loose... I guess I ment to say the car just won't change out of 1st or get into rev. and if is in first it just REV... im sitting at 3-4k and going bout 15mph crawling...
When you check the fluid level, what does it show?