Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excessive cabin noise?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Excessive cabin noise?

Hi.

My 2007 E350 was broad sided on the passenger side, the windshield and all of the airbags had to be replaced along with the outer front passenger door, right fender, front bumper passenger headlamp and front right wheel and tire.

The headliner had to be removed to replace the airbags and it seems since then I hear excessive noise in the cabin, I can see cracks of light at each corner of the sunroof toward the front where the cover slides closesd and some misalignment of the headliner, the headliner is loose at the back window which the body shop put clips in it, but it still has too much play in it in my opinion.

I'm wondering if the noise is coming from the headliner not being installed better than what it could have been?

The windshield had to be replaced a second time because it was not installed properly the first time, so that took care of the wind noise seeping under the windshield in the cabin but there seems to be a rustling wind noise in the cabin like when there's a really strong wind blowing over your car when the weather is bad, I hear it when I drive at least 65 or faster.

I was told by several people it's normal and since the accident I'm more sensitive to normal noises in the cabin. It seems like my baby was much quieter before this accident.

Also, I had a rocker molding replaced and afterward it was loose.

I was told a clip was missing from it when I brought it to the body shops attention, they replaced a missing clip, it's still not as tight at the other side, but it's better.

Do rocker moldings already have the clips attached or do they have to be put on the part and then installed onto the car?

I suspect I paid for a brand new part that was damaged by the body shop while putting it on my car and they're trying to pass this brand new part off I paid for in prime condition that they damaged and didn't have the nerve to admit they did so.

Thanks for any advise before I go back to have some valid points to discuss with the people who did the work on her.

This is been going on for quite awhile, I'm tired of going back and forth, I just want my baby fixed right. I don't know why people who get paid very well to do a job just won't do the right thing. I guess sometimes people don't care when it's not their property. I apologize for the long e-mail, there's lot of things going on here.
Attached Thumbnails Excessive cabin noise?-dscn0448.jpg  
Old 10-22-2010, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Sounds like the body shop did a crappy job in general. I assume they were not recommended by your MB dealer.

" I can see cracks of light at each corner of the sunroof toward the front where the cover slides closesd..."

This alone would cause noise. The rest of the issues you mention certainly wouldn't help.

I also assume this was covered by someone's insurance. You might want to follow up with the ins. company to see what their policy is for shoddy repairs.