Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'77 300D glow plug relay connector wires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1977 300d
'77 300D glow plug relay connector wires

Okay. This baby has 98,000 original miles on her and the only new component is the starter. Great car, love it, won't start.

I checked the glow plug relay and when I pulled the connector off, the purple wire was cooked and its contact corroded. The other wires had melted to it and so I took the plastic cover off the wires to sort them out. The cover fell off and there's no telling which slots the different wires go in.

I have no wiring diagram that is of any help, the Chilton manual is worthless and I am stranded at home with no money. Would someone please tell me where the wires go? Perhaps a picture? If anyone has one of these cars, please, please send a picture of what the connector looks like with the cover off of it so I can see how to route these wires.

Thanks in advance!
Jon
Old 12-13-2010, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
240D
Chilton manual is completely worthless for the diesel models. You want the Haynes manual, they are available direct from Haynes or from Amazon.

Picture in the Haynes manual is fuzzy though. Here's the best I can do without making it too huge an image:

Hope this helps. Good luck!