Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical or Computer Related?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical or Computer Related?

Hi there, my c300 (2008) recently started having dashboard icons coming off and on. Today, the brake light and high-beam light icon were on, and while these come on the heat goes out. Usually, it 'resets' itself to normalcy. However, today, all day, those icon lights were on, and the heat never worked, the gas gauge read 0, my wipers were constantly running, the blinkers stopped working, the doors didn't lock and I couldn't roll the windows down, the air bag light was off, the seat belt light was on (even though I had the seat belt on), the 'fan' in the engine would running loud – I could go on.

The best part is when I turn the car off, the wipers kept running and the lights stayed on. Why and what can I do to not have the battery drained, so I can bring the car to the dealership on Monday. Well, after an hour, I went back to the garage and the car is dead; the high-beam icon is still on and the headlights (top tier) are still on. Now, I'm not sure if it's doing what it did before – the day before the Thanksgiving, the car died at lunch time, after two attempts to jump it, all to no avail. Four hours later, I had to go over to where my car was, and I just tried for the heck of it, and it just started up, no questions asked. Huh. This apparently, took place twice before but, I didn't make the connection. The dealership has since changed out the ignition but....

I've never experienced this, and it's somewhat frightening. Thanks for your help. Happy New Year to you and your family!