Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Questions for MBTech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 09:22 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Questions for MBTech

Any idea if installing the in-dash CD changer on the W211 by yourself would void the warranty? My suspicion is that no would care unless it was clear you screwed things up when you did it. But I'd love to hear the official answer and the 'unofficial' answer when the MB techs look inside the car and discover the work.

2nd question is on W211 nav. My car is prewired, but not prepaid so MB USA says out of luck on installing the new DVD command. I've got to believe that if they can be retrofitted in Australia (letter from MB Australia posted to that effect on W211 board), than it can be done here. Any perspective on why that would not be true? How hard could it be if the car is prewired for it and the unit fits the slot correctly...?

Thanks for your prior help on the pulling to the right issue. Your first instinct - that it was a bad tire - was correct. Unfortunately, it took the dealer 1 week to arrive at that conclusion.

Thanks in advance,
Tom