Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TeleAid Probelm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB G500
TeleAid Probelm

I just picked up my new MB and the dealer told me I had to make a call to TeleAid using the 'i' button. Anyway, I did it and got a voice message saying, "Welcome to AT&T Wireless Services. Your call could not be completed as dialed, please check the number and try again."

I tried again the next day, and again on the next, but no luck. I e-mailed my sales person and she is going to refax the TeleAid application. Anyone ever had this happen?
Old 05-18-2003, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 320
Tele-Aid

No, I have never heard of this problem. It does seem reasonable to assume that Tele-Aid has not yet activated your account, perhaps because they have not yet received the application. Since you are getting a message from AT&T indicating that the call can not be completed, it seems that your hardware is working fine. It would be analagous to having a working cell phone without an active account. You may also want to call Tele-Aid at 800-756-9018. Otherwise keep asking your salesperson to fix the problem. He is well aware you will be getting a customer satisfaction survey from MBUSA, and will want you to be happy.
Old 05-18-2003, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
I found with both of my Tele aid equipped vehicles that at times it can take as long as a week to have them activate the system. Keep trying!!