Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHY does the MB Bluetooth puck stay on!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63 AMG
WHY does the MB Bluetooth puck stay on!!!!

This is driving me nuts!!!!!! When I get to my office I park my car outside of my office window. As soon as I get up form my desk the BB connects to the car!!! Regardless of the fact that the car has been shut off. I looked into the car after it was shut off for 3 hrs and the blue light is still on!!!!

So if my phone rings while in my office I need to deactivate the car everytime with the BB!!!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
This is a somewhat rare condition, and it we have seen two solutions to it.

One, replacing the puck helps most of the time (we sell the upgradeable Viseeo MB2, if interested)
Two, requires replacement of the UHI system. The dealer should do this if it is needed. The puck should be responding to sleep commands, but also the UHI may not be issuing sleep commands. We always try the puck first (different model puck, never the same model as some are actually not compatible with certain UHI). If the UHI needs to be replaced, present it as your battery is being killed everyday. Otherwise they won't do it for free.