Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Troubleshooting PSE pump 04/W220/S500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500
Troubleshooting PSE pump 04/W220/S500

I need some assistance on confirming my PSE pump is the problem in my car. Nothing that operates on suction works in my car, unlock/lock soft close in doors, soft close trunk, headrest. I bs e tried to reset the fuse and disconnect the battery I do hear the pump resseting although the problem does not fix it self temporary like I have been reading. Also I have noticed the latch on the trunk is permanently stuck out which it usually hides.

History before it started failing,the cars rear doors suction stopped working then the trunks suction stopped. When I would open the trunk when it was working I hear a hissing sound like a leak. Couple months later nothing now works. Before I go replacing parts that might not be it can someone please assist it might be something else asides from the pump. Wouldn't unplugging the fuse make it work temporary?? That is I assume it would be the pump... I also notice I cannot close my driver door lock manually when door is open I can only lock it when its closed. Also when i unlock and lock the vehicle with the key i hear the pump like if its attempting to do its job.

Last edited by envymesukas; 11-02-2011 at 02:59 PM. Reason: add comments