Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fault code 2047-001 diesel cdi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 c43
Fault code 2047-001 diesel cdi

Been having an issue with this fault, started as a long crank that progressed to stumbling when accelerating hard.
Here's what I found
I made my own tool to perform the injector leak off test.saved $400 from dealer. Used nylon hose 3/32 with six small water bottles cut all bleed off lines in half , note that the bleed off line is one line connected between all injectors.
cut all lines in half cylinders 1-6 output of six I capped. I cut lines 1-6pm half
capped one with a solid rivet at one end and removed from fitting at top of injector.allowed engine to run at a fast idle 45 seconds.noted flow of fel into bottles. Found all injectors even but noted cylinder #1 diesel was brown in color . Noted a subtle on off on off hiss, isolated to injector #1.
long story short injector # 1 during diagnosis began picking diesel.
Replacing 1 injector $$$$$$$$$
Old 11-12-2011, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 c43
Update

So i purchased the new injector installed found leak still present .
Before replacing any injector start with the crush ring , what I found was that the crush ring was distorted and leaking due to the nozzle spray being constantly in contact with it. Allow vehicle to warm up and no special tools will be required . I removed all of mine by hand.
Will attach pic soon
Old 11-14-2011, 04:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
190D 2.5 (x2), 190E 2.6, W202 C240,W202 C43 (C55), W210 E55, W212 E250CDI
Start by checking the clear fuel lines for air bubbles at approx 1500rpm. if there is air in the lines then rectify this first.

If ok then remove the fuel pressure reg from the back of the fuel rail (2xE8 bolts, you'll need 1/4" socket). once removed inspect the small oring and telfon seal. if they fail on a 4cyl they rarely start, if they fail on a 5 cyl then it'll run but it's hard to start. Very cheap, replace the seals with genuine regardless.

If it's still faulting then redo the fuel leakage test on the injectors while someone has it in gear and holding about 1200rpm (to raise fuel pressure), sometimes they are fine at <300Bar but fault at >800bar pressure. This can also be done with SDS automatically.

I wouldn't worry about the darker fuel colour, they get a little rust at the top of the injector but it's not actually inside the injector and doesn't cause issues.