Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver window problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 ml320
Driver window problems

I have a problem with my 2001 ml 320. The other day my driver window stopped rolling up and down with not previous signs. the window will manually go up and down, and the window motor is functioning. I've removed the door panel and inspected the operation of the motor and gear. Everything seems to be functioning correctly, except the window won't go up or down. The motor turns the gear and stops like it should. It looks like there are some spot welds on the track that is behind the gear that have broken, but I can't tell. Im am mechaniclly knowledgeable but don't work on MB ever. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:26 AM

1998 VW GTI
Check the window switch cluster. 163's are notorious for window switch's going and you are left with a window that does not go up or down. The biggest problem is you can't replace just one switch, you have to buy the whole panels with all four switches.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:32 PM

2001 ml320
I dont think it's tbe switch because like I posted above the motor functions correctly. The window just isn't connected to the motor somehow.