Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SL55 Failed smog

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 SL55 AMG EUROCHARGED. 2002 X5. 1999 SUBURBAN WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGER+MODs,04 M3 EUROCHARED
SL55 Failed smog

Hello. I have 04 SL55 failed smog it says MIL/Check Engine Light but I do not have any check engine lights on the car. few days bdfore the smog test it briefly showed battery warning light visit workshop right after i started car but it went away when i drive the car. I have changed consumer battery few month ago and never had the warning lights. I did the OBDII chcek and it does not have any code present. eha t might be wrong any ideas.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2012, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Do you have any mods done to the exhaust? (2ndary cat delete, primary cat delete, High flow cats?)
Old 06-23-2012, 04:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 SL55 AMG EUROCHARGED. 2002 X5. 1999 SUBURBAN WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGER+MODs,04 M3 EUROCHARED
Just Brabus exhaust and resonator delete and Eurocharged tune which was done few years ago
Old 09-06-2012, 04:52 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Cl65 AMG
In some stated the tech will plug in the diag connector under the dash. That will look at emission tests flags. If your battery dipped low or some other quirky thing happened to the computers voltage supply the flags would reset to something like a testing mode. Some cars need to be driven a lot to get all flags to pass internal tests. HST, if you have a issue that sets the light and just cleared it before the smog test it will fail for the above reason as well, or just disconnecting the battery will cause the car to fail ALL THOSE REASONE STATED ABOVE WITHOUT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT BEING ON IN THE DASH..