Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear bra and tint film shop/professional in Indy/Greenwood/Columbus, IN.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 01:43 PM
fld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E550C; 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L
Clear bra and tint film shop/professional in Indy/Greenwood/Columbus, IN.

Hi all,

Our 2013 E550 Coupe has been built and finished and is waiting to ship to the US in germany. YAY!!!

I was wondering if you guys could recommend a good shop/professional for installing clear bra and tint film in Indianapolis/Greenwood/Columbus, IN, area or even Louisville, KY. We live in columbus but can drive up to Indy or Greenwood for installation. If you happen to know which brand would be best for tinting film and clear bra. For tint, we are probably looking at the darkest allowable, but may be interested to have like 95% on the winshield, too, if that is allowable.

The dealer wants $275 for tint film, which is done by someone they use from outside, around the car except the winshield. I don't remember the brand of the tint film. For this, I think their price seems to be OK.

Then, for clear bra, the guy installing uses 3MM product which is a complete kit and covers the mirror covers/front bumper/1/3 to 1/2 of the way up the hood. And the price for Hood/Fender/Mirror Kit is $720 installed, and then Bumper Kit $975 installed. I think I heard that 3M, which I assumed they meant by 3MM, is not the best, and there are better brands out there. Forthis, I am not sure if this is a little too high and if 3M would be a good choice.

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards,
fld.