Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacuum Problems

I'm wondering if anyone could help me with a couple of probelms I'm having with my C220.
The PES Control Module makes a constant noise(pumiping air) for a couple of minutes. This is a sure sign of a leak. BUt at this moment no one has been able to find any.
The main A/C vents shut off and on randomly. The problem lies in the Fresh/Recirculated Airt Flap and the left center air outlet(left tempering actuator), DOES THIS MAKE SENSE? Obviously the dash needs to be lowered in order to replace these actuators and I will not pay $500 dolars to the dealer. Does anyone have a diagram that I can folllow?
Finally, my check engine light is on. I already replace one of the O2 sensors and the dealer is telling me that I have to replace one of the O2 sensors. Can this vacuum problem that I'm having have anything to do with the Check engine light coming on? I haven't checked the EGR Valve for leaks personally, but the car has been to 3 diferent mechanics and they haven't been able to help me with the a/c nor the Pes Control Module going on and on.

Thank in advance,
Eduardo
Old 08-01-2003, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
'00 S320 W220, '98 A160 W168/ sold in 2005 '86 260 E W124 '90 260E W124
A remote guess from my side. Did you check the fan speed switch (if dont have Climatronic, but the "normal" stuff) The switch has a vacuum hose connected and if this is off it may cause this appearence.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took the whole dash down and examined every vacumm element(controls air flaps) in the a/c. Found that two of them were leaking air. Replacing them fixed EVERYTHING in my car. Check engine light...... GONE, no air in center vents.......CORRECTED, PES(vaccum pump) noise.......gone.

It cost me $100 (total) in parts. Dealer wanted $1,000.