Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S203 trunk spings + parking brake + windows + rust + alarm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S203
S203 trunk spings + parking brake + windows + rust + alarm

Hi,

I live in Belgium and have an S203 from 2003. I am completely new to cars, but I would like to fix some things myself. I have 5 small issues with my car which I couldn't find an answer to by searching the forums:

1) I really have to push the trunk open entirely. I found online that I could adjust the springs of the trunk lid by removing the side lining of the trunk. However, I don't know how to remove the trunk side lining of an S203?

2) The parking brake doesn't release entirely anymore. I don't know if it is the mechanism that needs repair or if it is the sensor. How can I reach the parking break mechanism in my car and solve this issue?

3) I have 4 electronic side windows. They open automatically when I push the button. However, I have to keep pushing the button to close them again. Is this normal?

4) I have a small rust spot on the rear of my car (a 5 inch scratch). Can I overpaint this small spot with some regular silver metal paint from my DIY-shop? Ofcourse after dissolving the rust. Or will the difference be too noticable? Does this paint need to be shiny of matte?

5) When I unlock the doors with my remote key or leave them unlocked and then wait for 3 minutes, the alarm sounds when actually opening a door. This happens a lot and is pretty anoying. Is it normal? Is there any way to prevent this without completely disabling the alarm of the car?

Any answer on 1 of the problems is greatly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance!