Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iphone 5 assist - Please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 12:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 R350, 80 Triumph Spitfire
iphone 5 assist - Please...

I have my iPhone 5, both types of 30:8 pin adapters, and when I connect the iPhone I can operate via steering wheel controls for about a minute - at which time, the sound stops and the unit is no longer responsive! I replaced the adapter, same stuff!!! I have command nav with the ipod integration kit, a Scosche adapter to allow charging, an extension cable to reach the center console... My '07 R350 had no problems with my iPhone 3GS, 4, or 4S, but the 5 with the lightning connector is killin me! When I first connected yesterday, it worked like a charm, through this morning... this afternoon, it all went to hell!!! HELP!!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK
Originally Posted by sdgold@att.net
I have my iPhone 5, both types of 30:8 pin adapters, and when I connect the iPhone I can operate via steering wheel controls for about a minute - at which time, the sound stops and the unit is no longer responsive! I replaced the adapter, same stuff!!! I have command nav with the ipod integration kit, a Scosche adapter to allow charging, an extension cable to reach the center console... My '07 R350 had no problems with my iPhone 3GS, 4, or 4S, but the 5 with the lightning connector is killin me! When I first connected yesterday, it worked like a charm, through this morning... this afternoon, it all went to hell!!! HELP!!!!
I would say it's the adapter, try returning and using a different one from another company. remember many errors in the beginning because the adapters for iphone 5 were rushed to meet demand. Still have many bugs to work out.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 R350, 80 Triumph Spitfire
Originally Posted by jc00210
I would say it's the adapter, try returning and using a different one from another company. remember many errors in the beginning because the adapters for iphone 5 were rushed to meet demand. Still have many bugs to work out.
The adapter I have is from Apple!!! First tried the adapter with pigtail, then the little stubby one - same results!!! Funny thing is, if I plug the unit in it will work right off the bat - but once I shut off the car and take the phone, later when I return to the vehicle and plug it in, it follows the one minute and off program!!! Stays like that till twenty four hours later when it will work again - cant understand it!!!