Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a Lemon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Lemon

Here is my story. I leased this 2012 SLK350, June 16th 2012. The next day I started it and the car sounded as if it had no oil in it. I have had it in service many times. Every time I hear the same problem the exhaust manifold had internal failure. The third time and 50 days later I was told by (Brian Bay) the catalyst was bad. I picked up the car from the last visit and didn't even make it home before the exhaust failed again. After I got home read through all the repair orders the cat was never replaced. So now I'm dealing with liars and a company that will not make my car correct or right! I have made 6 payments on this car and every payment made was on a broken car. Sad doesn't even come close when dealing with MB. I filed with the New motor vehicle board of CA, to find that MB won't and doesn't participate in the program. Basically if you buy a lemon you will be stuck with it. 6 payments later and 8 loaners is enough to make the calm livid!

Last edited by Jamie Cooper; 01-15-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
E350 4-Matic, GLE350, Harley Davidson Electra Glide
I had a nissan that had a reoccuring problem and got jerked around. I just kept bringing it back and then filed a lemon law complaint. I don't understand how the CA vehicle board works but I what your describing sounds like BBB type of thing. Here is what california says "The California lemon law is a state law that provides a remedy for purchasers and lessees of cars, trucks, and all motor-driven vehicles of less than 10,000 GVW in order to compensate for vehicles that repeatedly fail to get repaired by the authorized warrantor of the manufacturer for defects that "substantially impair the use, value or safety of the vehicle". These vehicles are called "lemons". The California lemon law (the Song-Beverly Consumer Act) protects purchasers and lessees in the State of California. The California lemon law covers any vehicle covered by a warranty. The rights afforded to consumers by the California lemon law may exceed the warranties expressed in purchase contracts." They may have been dicussing their participation in arbitration but that is an option. "
Arbitration is an alternate dispute resolution mechanism that was lobbied-for by automobile manufacturers. It is not "impartial", as it is paid/funded wholly by the automobile manufacturers. There is no requirement for a California consumer to apply, nor utilize arbitration before utilizing a lemon law attorney for legal representation.

There are 3 potential resolutions to a arbitration hearing on a California lemon law case. 1. Win. 2. Lose. 3. "Repair Decision". This is where the arbitrator, prompted by the automobile manufacturer’s representative, orders an additional attempt at repairing the issue at question.

Here is a link to the state site: http://californialemonlaw.com/