Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CLS 550 Oil Leake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 550
CLS 550 Oil Leake

Can anybody help me identify an oil leak on the right side of the enginve facing the car. It lloks like it coming from the bacl valve cover but can get a very good look. I used a mirror and the Cam seals are dry but under neath it in the corner of the right side valve cover is has wet oil which is droping on the exhaus t pipe. Additionally, in the morning the care has oil spot left in the garage. Just curios to know what it is before I take it in?

V/R

2007 CLS 550, M273 Engine?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:38 AM

sls(iwish)
that is going to be the oil seperator that is leaking it is on the passenger side back of the head its a black plastic piece with a rubber hose running to it, very common for it to leak oil as well as the cam seals.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:58 PM

1999 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by freemanjc
Can anybody help me identify an oil leak on the right side of the enginve facing the car. It lloks like it coming from the bacl valve cover but can get a very good look. I used a mirror and the Cam seals are dry but under neath it in the corner of the right side valve cover is has wet oil which is droping on the exhaus t pipe. Additionally, in the morning the care has oil spot left in the garage. Just curios to know what it is before I take it in?

V/R

2007 CLS 550, M273 Engine?

oil centrifuge on the back of the right head. like stated above is correct.

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android