Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 E430 Passenger Rear Window??

Old 04-18-2013, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E430
2001 E430 Passenger Rear Window??

Ok SO I buy a new to us 2001 E430 Friday, and on Saturday the passenger rearwindow won’t go up..

I take the door panel off, well most of the way as I was afraid of deployingthe air bar. I can some what access to the motor and it seems to be gettingpower, so I go to help lift the window shut for the mean time and all of asudden the window come detached from the lifting mechanism. So I decide ok wewill raise the motor and attach the window back and call it good until I canget some parts right? Well when we went to raise the window the whole cable unspooled and now I am stuck with the window down. I closed the window by handand shoved some cardboard into the gap to hold the window up. I want to know whatall parts I need to replace the whole shooting match. How do I unhook the airbag wire? I am an average DIY guy and thin that I should be able to handle thisrepair. I have searched the web and I see several parts but not sure what allcomes with the "arm" for the window?

Stuart
Old 04-19-2013, 12:11 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Answer

The door panel must come off for this repair.

The part you need is MB# 2107301646

whunter@pelicanparts.com

Old 05-27-2013, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E430
Sturat: I'm preparing to replace the Driver side rear window / regulator assembly on my 2001 E430. can you offer any tips? Are there screws attaching the door panel to the door frame? Does the Door handle screw in to the door frame? I got the window out of a 1999 model in a local pick-a-part junk yard so I know what I'm looking at once I get inside the door but I worry about damaging the interior panel. I appreciate anything you can tell me about your DIY repair. Thanks
Old 05-29-2013, 10:59 AM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Answer

Originally Posted by JohnnyE
Sturat: I'm preparing to replace the Driver side rear window / regulator assembly on my 2001 E430. can you offer any tips? Are there screws attaching the door panel to the door frame? Does the Door handle screw in to the door frame? I got the window out of a 1999 model in a local pick-a-part junk yard so I know what I'm looking at once I get inside the door but I worry about damaging the interior panel. I appreciate anything you can tell me about your DIY repair. Thanks
Welcome.

This DIY should help you.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm

whunter@pelicanparts.com